I have no idea if it's normal at this age (I need to catch up on my reading!) but Vin is such a SNACKER! He eats a huge breakfast (seriously, I don't know where he puts a whole banana, a waffle, and a scrambled egg!!) After that though it's hit or miss. The books/docs say he should be in the highchair 4 times a day, and I try, but usually he eats a few bites and he's done for the 3 other meals. "Done" means he starts throwing the rest of the food on the floor for the dogs and screaming like the end of the world is coming. Ok, he doesn't scream all the time, and I'm trying really hard to ignore the screaming so he doesn't think that's how he gets his way, but sometimes it's a little rediculous!
Anyway, when he's not in the highchair he seem to want to eat bites here and there all the time. Maybe that's my fault. I let him have little snack foods like pirates booty, goldfish, dried fruit, cheerios ... is that bad? Really, I gotta catch up on my reading!!
One good thing, we've finally moved on from the bottle! Woo hoo! Oddly enough, it took no effort at all. I'm wondering if that's because he still uses a binky at naps/bedtime? Well, whatever the reason we're glad it was an easy transition.

1 comment:
I think it's different for every person. Just like some days you snack all day and then some days you're not that hungry (well, you're less hungry if you're like me...) There are days and Izzy goes through stages where she'll eat everything in sight for 3 days and then barely eat anything...I always ask if she's sick and she just tells me that she's not hungry.
Post a Comment